Friday, June 4, 2010

Excuses, Excuses...

I know it's been quite a while since my last post... well at least my last post at this address! I blogged a little on http://stagewrite.umwblogs.org/ last semester for Romeo and Juliet though... Anyway, I have been absolutely swamped with things for the past five months and have had no time to blog. So, this post will detail all of the excuses I have for not blogging for so long!
Let's go all the way back to January. At the beginning of the semester, I was mainly focused on work and, let's be honest, socializing as much as possible. My life had not yet been taken over by rehearsals and illness. It was such a fun part of the semester! It snowed more snow than I had ever seen in my life (so much for going to a "southern" school).

In February, we got more snow. I started work on Romeo and Juliet (you can read all about it on Stage Write) and went to Disney World With my mom! Those who know me know that Disney World is one of my favorite places on earth... so even though it was COLD the whole time we had a blast! Spring Break was also the last week in Feb/the first week in March. I didn't do much besides visiting a few friends and going "home" to Annapolis but I was thankful for the break!


March was a complete blur of crazy. It felt like the second I got back from break, we rushed headlong into rehearsals and mountains of classwork started piling up. At the end of March, we started a 10-day tech week to work everything on the new stage with the new equipment. Unfortunately, I started getting really sick at the beginning of it. My tonsils were so big I couldn't swallow! After much confusion (thanks, UMW health center) I was diagnosed with mononucleosis. I had to take about a million pills a day and I was just miserable! I basically slept all day and went to rehearsals at night... needless to say it was hard to catch up with schoolwork. But at that point I was too focused on R+J to care. (these are the drugs I took every morning and me sleeping at a long saturday rehearsal... I remember wanting to die at that point)


But, I did not die! I made it to April 1, opening night, and by that time (thanks, steroids!) I was (kinda) back to normal! We had such a great run of the show! Eleven performances, three weeks, and some cast parties later it was over. I always hate the end of a production... it's so abrupt and final. But I was so proud of the show we did! (Sorry for few pictures, there are crazy creative license rules about taking pictures of productions)

I finally made it to the end of April and took some exams... no big deal... just kidding I studied my butt off! I did pretty well with grades overall (aside from Biology which I don't want to talk about...) but I'm glad classes are over and more credits are completed! Coming home was challenging because of the amount of stuff I had crammed into VA 220... but I managed to get it all home in one trip (even though I had the trunk riding shotgun!) Since I've been home, I have been busy visiting lots of friends and babysitting precious children. Oh yeah and we also went on a CRUISE!




So basically my life is pretty crazy these days! Sorry if I don't get a chance to blog much this summer too... I will be a camp counselor all summer long at Camp Strawderman and my access to technology is pretty limited there. However, I love to send and receive mail there so if anyone wants they can write me at: 2494 Dellinger Acres Rd. Edinburg, VA 22824.
I hope all who read this have a very blessed summer full of sunshine and fun times!
♥ Always, Bess
In other news: Race for the Cure tomorrow! 5k... could prove challenging...

No comments:

Post a Comment